October 06, 2008

This is the End

WOW, I actually did it, got all the way to the end (go me). Having started the web 2.0 program so late due o illness I thought I would never catch up. But I did, yeah and quite enjoyed doing it too. When I first heard about exercise I thought, Oh that will be easy as I had deluded myself into thinking that I knew enough about the Internet already. However I was happy to be proved wrong as most of the activities and web 2.0 technologies were new to me and also very interesting and I can see them being useful in the future.

My favorite thing was LibraryThing, I love this website and can happily spend hours on it. I love the social interaction with other people and how you can build up your profile making it more and more personal which then leads you to more aspects of the site and things you might like. My reserve list is already filling up with their reading suggestions. I think that the social interaction and how it adapts to you and gives you suggestions are all the best aspects of web 2.0 and the ones I am most keen to see incorporated into our library.

While the Image generator sites and YouTube are a lot of fun I also really enjoyed finding out about the more educational ones. I really liked the Rollyo technology and I think I will come back to my personal search engine a lot.

Many thanks to the Web 2.0 Admin team for their helpful and encouraging comments and everyone else who took time to comment.

I feel a great sense of accomplishment in having finished, however I think I will miss it a bit.

Thanks for everything

Lizzie.

1 comment:

NSL Training Support Team said...

You really sprinted through the programme and wrote some awesome posts - congratulations!